Monday 8 October 2012

Craft Room Door Hanger

A while ago, after seeing an idea in a magazine somewhere I asked my 'handy' brother if he would be able to  cut some blank door hangers for me.  After some debate as to what material to use we decided to try first with some thin MDF.  He cut me a few blanks, most of which have been sitting in my craft room ever since, waiting for me to find the time to do something with them! However, a couple of months ago I decided to play around with one of them and here is the result.......



What you will need:

  • Mod Podge
  • Co-ordinating Backing Paper/s
  • Ink pad
  • Ribbon
  • Flowers / Letters and embellishments


I started by covering the door hanger on both sides using paper from my stash (I think it is My Minds Eye) and Mod Podge.  To do this I laid the door hanger onto the reverse side of my chosen paper, drew around the edge then cut out. I coated the door hanger with Mod Podge and then carefully lined up the paper and smoothed down.  (I don't have a brayer but this would be helpful for smoothing).  Once the paper was dry I then trimmed around the edge with a craft knife and lightly sanded the edges.

Once I'd finished adding paper embellishments I then inked the edges of the hanger.  I coated the whole hanger with a mixture of water and Mod Podge (about half and half) to help protect the finished article.  I added ribbon along the edge where my two papers joined, added Papermania letters and decorated with mulberry flowers from my stash to finish.

Thanks for stopping by! x

No comments:

Post a Comment