Monday 3 October 2011

Coffee and cake

Friday morning saw our little business taking part in the 'World's Biggest Coffee Morning' in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.  This is a yearly event that is organised in support of a very worthy cause.  Friday 30th September was the official 'Coffee Morning' date but I know supporters were running events nationwide throughout last week.

[caption id="attachment_1144" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Buttercream Fairy Cakes"][/caption]

I spent Thursday baking cakes in preparation for Friday's event and for those of you who know me, you know this is not a common occurrence.  Thursday afternoon I headed down to our offices to prepare, I took a bundle of handmade cards I'd created and we decided to also have a book sale due to the fact we have tons and tons of dust laden books just sitting in the loft!

[caption id="attachment_1146" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Coffee Morning at PSS"][/caption]

Although I'd promoted our little event through Facebook and via emails to work colleagues and clients we were still unsure how many visitors would turn up.  In fact with mom, mom-in-law, Adrian, Sally, 'A', 'P' and myself we thought we may have more 'helpers' than 'visitors' but as the clock neared 9.30 our first callers arrived.  From then on we had a steady flow until 12pm.

I was pleased to hear that people were enjoying the cakes that myself and others had supplied and my card creations went down a treat!  In fact out of around 20 cards I only returned with 6!

[caption id="attachment_1147" align="aligncenter" width="224" caption="Cakes galore!"][/caption]

All in all with the minimal visitors we had we still managed to raise just over £100 which isn't bad at all.  We've already decided to sign up for the event next year but think we may do things slightly differently maybe by either running a Saturday morning event or and cheese and wine evening.  Thank you to all the lovely supporters that stopped by x

No comments:

Post a Comment