Thursday 1 September 2011

A Passion for Promarkers!


For a while now I've been looking at the rubber stamping techniques in my monthly Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine and am often in left awe by the fantastic finish others manage to acquire on their shading. I bought myself a pack of 'Skin Accent' Promarkers by Letraset a while back when Hobbycraft were having a sale. Up till now I'd always used watercolour pencils for any small bits of colour that were needed but I'd heard on the grapevine that Promarkers were the way to go. I decided to buy another pack of Promarkers and went for the 'Muted' Blending pack which I managed to pick up relatively cheaply on Ebay. Since then I've not looked back!

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="342" caption="Free stamp with Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine"][/caption]

Learning to blend and shade the colours takes practice but it is certainly much easier than I expected it would be. I've since bought the 'Skin Tones' and 'Cool Grey's' pack to extend my collection a little further and although I've also bought a couple of individual pens (Berry and Holly), I could do with a few more reds and greens to help make my upcoming Christmas stamps look a little more authentic.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="342" caption="Lovely Free Digi Stamp from Sliekje Digi Stamps"][/caption]

 

I have to say that 'A' and I both find colouring with Promarkers thoroughly addictive (yes, we have no life :) ). 'A' actually said to me the other day that she could spend hours just sitting there colouring and me personally I feel about 5 again, getting such a thrill out of 'colouring in' lol.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="343" caption="Stamp from Daisy & Dandelion - Santa's Little Helpers"][/caption]

Although I've made a couple of cards using the stamps I've shaded (new post coming soon), I'm currently just enjoying the moment with my new found Promarker friends! I still feel that my stamps could look a little better, but I guess with practice and more pens to add to my collection it won't take too long.

[slideshow]

4 comments:

  1. I agree, there's nothing more therapeutic than colouring-in. and I think I have to be the luckiest woman ever as I actually teach colouring-in, best job in the world :)
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been so keen for the dark winter days so I have an excuse not to go out and can do even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Letraset markers are wonderful arn't they.
    Great colouring of those stamps

    ReplyDelete