Monday 11 July 2011

Hats off!

Updated my Florida scrapbook about a month ago and completely forgot that I'd not posted the new pics.  I did a couple of new pages, one based on Disney's Animal Kingdom - Kilimanjaro Safari's and another based around our addiction for trying on hats at the various parks.

[caption id="attachment_951" align="aligncenter" width="640" caption="Wild Things"][/caption]

I managed to get some super animal print cardstock from Ebay and used my newly bought Craft Robo to cut out the elephant and giraffe templates and also the 'Wild Thing' lettering (although I have sold this now as it did get to be a bit of a faff continually setting the pc up with it).   I wrote a short section of script from the tour onto the elephant.

[caption id="attachment_952" align="aligncenter" width="640" caption="Hats Off!"][/caption]

I had a rather random selection of backing papers already, from various packs I've bought on Ebay so decided to use some of these to make the page colourful and fun.  I managed to download a superb 'Willy Wonka' font which I used for the title and once again used the Craft Robo for this.  This was then attached using sticky pads to give a 3D effect.  I'd seen an article in Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine on crinkled paper flowers so had a go at this as an embellishment, using a flower shaped brad from WHSmith to finish off.  A Martha Stewart Deep Edge 'Flower Bed' punch was used for the edges of the spotted paper which I purchased from Secretcrafter recently.  A fantastic buy as I've used it loads!

Here's a close up of the 'Hats Off!' piccies:



No comments:

Post a Comment