Wednesday 21 June 2006

Race for Life Training


Have been frantically training since Mar/Apr time in preparation for the Race for Life at Sutton Park on Sunday 16th July.  I completed the Women's Hydro Active Challenge last September, this being my first ever race.  It was only 5k but managed to complete it in 39min 6secs.  I wasn't going to be breaking any records but I'd at least beat my target time of under 40 mins.  After completing the Hydro I fell out of the training habit unfortunately, but then got roped into the Race for Life with a team of work colleagues.  I've been training hard, running 3 times a week, as this time I wanted to be able to run 5k with ease rather than feeling knackered after 2k!  I was running on my own to start with but now P motivates me on most of my runs I think you can call it that anyway, it feels like torture!

Anyhow, I'm up to 5 mile run's now, whether it be torture or not and I've set my goal of running the RFL in under 30mins.  Whether I'm successful remains to be seen, but I'll keep up the training all the same.

Any offers of sponsorship will be greatly received !

No comments:

Post a Comment